Default First significant video I've tried

I recorded a song a couple months ago and decided to make a video for it. I used free Corel demo software and my GX1 with various lenses. I'm mainly a stills person so I don't know if I'll do much more of this, but it was fun.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W52AQhy2P3o]Brain Squeeze - An Original Rock Instrumental - YouTube[/ame]
    - Joe
    EM5 and u43 lenses, Panasonic LF1
    My Flickr or Flickriver

2. The following member thanks emptysensor for this post:

good stuff.....only real crit would be have more non band stuff, like the cars etc....particularly with an instrumental, endless shots of fretboards gets a little dull.

k

Thanks for the feedback. I kind of thought the same but got tired of the whole process so I just posted as it was.
    - Joe
    My Flickr or Flickriver

Real Name
    George

looks good.

good work
    www.GraniteStateStudios.com
    GH4+GH3+GH2+GH1+G6
    12-35mm f2.8, 35-100mm f2.8, 14-140,30mm f2.8,12-50mm,
    25mm f1.4, 100-300mm, 17mm f1.7, 7.5mm f4,9-18mm, 45mm f1.7,
    Site Ref: db96 -- Ebay: lowell31

6. The following member thanks aonavy for this post:

Excellent stuff. I liked all the different angles and DOF on the close ups. I kept waiting for the music tempo to speed up ala some Satriani tune though haha
    GX-1
    20mm/1.7, 25mm/1.4, 14mm/2.5, 14-42mm X, 45-175mm X, Rokinon 7.5mm
    My Zenfolio

Real Name
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Excellent stuff. I liked all the different angles and DOF on the close ups. I kept waiting for the music tempo to speed up ala some Satriani tune though haha
    Thank you! Its hard to get people to pay attention to swimming. its kind boring to whatch
    www.GraniteStateStudios.com
    GH4+GH3+GH2+GH1+G6
    12-35mm f2.8, 35-100mm f2.8, 14-140,30mm f2.8,12-50mm,
    25mm f1.4, 100-300mm, 17mm f1.7, 7.5mm f4,9-18mm, 45mm f1.7,
    Site Ref: db96 -- Ebay: lowell31

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Thanks Steven. I'm a big Satriani and Eric Johnson fan, and although I'll never be remotely in the same universe as them, I hope that I at least achieved something a little bit similar.
    - Joe
    My Flickr or Flickriver

Great video. I like how you cut the shots with the beat of the music. I also like the various angles and the non performance shots were cool as well.

It would also be cool if you had it in color then have certain shots in B&W so the various shots don't look too similar. I would also like if we had more face close ups, either of you or the drummer. It's good that most of your performance shots were on a tripod but if you are nifty with moving your cam hand held, you can get some great shots too. For instance a close up of your head then tilt down to the guitar playing, etc.

The time lapse in the car footage was awesome as well!

cheers!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/apgfoo/
    http://instagram.com/apgfoo
    GF2, 7.5mm, p20 1.7, SLR 35 T1.4, Nissin Di466 flash

Thanks for the compliments and useful feedback. I think the head shot and then tilting down to guitar playing would have been especially good. Originally I was going to make the bridge section of the song (starts with the dog shot) in color since it had more of a soft or happy feel. I was thinking blue sky with puffy clouds doing a slow rotation at ~7mm focal length. I tried a time lapse of the sky for that section but wasn't happy with how it turned out. In the end I went with all B&W since it helped hide inconsistent backgrounds and clothes in sections that I was too lazy to reshoot. I do agree that some color would have been better.
    - Joe
    My Flickr or Flickriver