Ads by Google

Amazon

B&H Photo

Adorama

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Real Name
    Napier Lopez

Default Anybody else still not get their 15mm f8 from Olympus yet?

So I'm wondering if maybe something went wrong with my order, since I ordered the body cap lens from Olympus on the 19th of September, and have yet to get any notice of shipment or something of the sort from Olympus.

Online, the order status reads as "complete", and has said so for months now. Anybody know what may be going on?

Real Name
    Mauricio

Quote Originally Posted by napilopez View Post
    So I'm wondering if maybe something went wrong with my order, since I ordered the body cap lens from Olympus on the 19th of September, and have yet to get any notice of shipment or something of the sort from Olympus.

Online, the order status reads as "complete", and has said so for months now. Anybody know what may be going on?
    Has it been charged to your credit card?
    I haven´t seen it available at any store, not even at Olympus...

Real Name
    Tom

Me too--still no show. I guess I've learned my lesson, and won't be 'pre-ordering' anything soon. Seems I could have gotten it a lot faster from B&H, or any other retail store.
    GM1 & OM-D in sunny Florida

Real Name
    Jim

Mine shows as "completed" but I've not received it. I read (somewhere on this forum, I think) that early December was a projected date.

Currently Amazon, B&H, and Adorama all show "out of stock".

It will be delivered...when .

The good news, for me, is that it's sort of a "curiosity" lens and not something that I need every day. I'm wondering if Olympus is completing orders in their Asian and European markets before the North American market.

Regards,

Jim
    "Every photograph you've ever admired was taken with past equipment, not the thing you're waiting for someone to announce." - Thom Hogan

Real Name
    Napier Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurio View Post
    Has it been charged to your credit card?
    I haven´t seen it available at any store, not even at Olympus...
    Ahh good idea. They have not yet. So at least it wasn't delivered to the wrong place, lol. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
    Me too--still no show. I guess I've learned my lesson, and won't be 'pre-ordering' anything soon. Seems I could have gotten it a lot faster from B&H, or any other retail store.
    Yeah, sighs. Olympus seems to be very sporadic with their pre-orders. Sometimes they randomly ship early, others they take forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fmrvette View Post
    Mine shows as "completed" but I've not received it. I read (somewhere on this forum, I think) that early December was a projected date.

Currently Amazon, B&H, and Adorama all show "out of stock".

It will be delivered...when .

The good news, for me, is that it's sort of a "curiosity" lens and not something that I need every day. I'm wondering if Olympus is completing orders in their Asian and European markets before the North American market.

Regards,

Jim
    So I'm definitely not alone hahah. I can certainly live without it, but I'm actually looking quite forward to it. I basically shoot with a two lens kit, the 20mm and zuiko 45mm, and have nothing wider than the 20 at the moment. I know it's not exactly the most ideal landscape lens, but most of my wide shots are in the daytime when it can be most useful.
    Last edited by napilopez; November 27th, 2012 at 04:11 PM.

Real Name
    Dennis

Yup me too. I ordered mine for Olympus USA.

When I looked into it, Olympus said something like "orders will be shipped by the end of the year." Downer.

Real Name
    Mauricio

The good news are that, with their "first come, first served" policy, you are going to have the lens cap before everybody else... hopefully before Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprise to hearing it not out yet. I had a go with it on my OMD in a camera shop on Poland a few weeks a go, also could order it on eBay UK. I was interest on the lens too, love the thinness of it. But was wondering is these any real reason to pick this over the Pan 14mm f2.5, apart from the fact this is thinner?

Real Name
    Bob

Ordered mine in September as well. Still haven't received it. Order is also marked as complete. Oh, well.
    Love mercy, do justice, walk humbly - Micah 6:8
    "A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words." Ansel Adams

Real Name
    Napier Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by HNM43 View Post
    I'm surprise to hearing it not out yet. I had a go with it on my OMD in a camera shop on Poland a few weeks a go, also could order it on eBay UK. I was interest on the lens too, love the thinness of it. But was wondering is these any real reason to pick this over the Pan 14mm f2.5, apart from the fact this is thinner?
    Well, I mean, it's 50 dollars, for one =P

Also, I love the colors on every single photo I've seen from this lens. It renders colors really pleasantly. I don't make large prints, and certainly don't intend to do so with this lens, so critical sharpness isn't an issue for me.

Finally, the size difference is actually significant for some. Although it doesn't apply to me specifically, with my G3 and its protruding EVF, it makes several of the smaller bodies legitimately pocketable.

To me it's a lens with character. And it's cheap. I like that =P

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast