Default Good PEN reviews at Ming Thien site

Good solid user reviews by a pro photographer, covers quite a number of popular compacts:

The Olympus E-PL5 PEN Lite review: a mini-OM-D

Full review: The Olympus OM-D E-M5

Even Sony RX-100 ...

The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 – a somewhat comparative review

Highly recommended reading!

2. The following member thanks wolfie for this post:

According to review, the OMD and E-PL5 use a 15Mp sensor...just a typo, or per-production models? Either way, takes away from the reliability of the review, I can shoot but I don't know what I'm using.

to me a 15 typo is not a big deal ?

I can read tech specs would rather get a feel for how the camera works and acts in a photographers hands then a bunch of tech specs and pics of cats and shadow boxes etc..

like the paragraph of describing the shutter button feel compared to other cameras at least gives some a idea if they have used those cameras

sometimes working pros are not always the best at tech things but can surely tell me a lot more about how a camera works and feel in the real world

if a pro race car driver did not know the HP of a test car I would still rather hear his thoughts of how it handles etc.. than reading correct specs from someone who does not make living with the tools being tested ?

to me sadly to many reviews are not like his and are just the same regurgitated specs :)

not knocking the fact you now question his review :) just saying others like myself would rather read those kinda of reviews :)
    so sure its kinda a balance thing and lucky we both have sites we can go to for reviews

Real Name
    Mike

I really like Thein's reviews, even if he is partial to Olympus and Ricoh (or maybe because of that). :P