Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default 11th Mu-43 Salon Competition - Wildlife

Ok Mu-43ers, let's see your best wildlife shot!

I'm looking for wild animals in their natural habitat: elephants and giraffes are great, but insects, birds, fish, reptiles, etc. are all in there. I wouldn't mind seeing some macro and underwater photography entries.

What I'm not looking for are pets, farm animals or zoo pictures. The animals don't have to be exotic, but they do have to be wild and free.

This salon will be open over a period encompassing three weekends so hopefully everyone who wants to participate will have a chance to get out there and find something that moves. As usual, photos taken before the competition are ok as well. However, this subject should be a great excuse to get some fresh air and enjoy the "hunt".

--------------------------------------------------------

Closing date: Monday, August 27th.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Rules:

1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.

2. Shots can be uploaded from any gallery, Mu43 or whatever is your preference.

3. To enter your photo after uploading, copy the code in the Linked Image box and paste it into a reply to to this message. You can use the Quick Reply box at the bottom of this page.

4. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you intend doing.

5. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

6. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Mu-43 Contests and Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. That opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

7. The curator can't enter his or her own salon.

8. Please, don´t be shy...Participate and have fun.

9. Each salon should be open for about two weeks.

Great theme!

Real Name
    Don

Lumix 14-140, free roaming bison at the National Bison Preserve, Montana. I think I got a little tooooo close for his comfort - mine prolly, too. But the image was worth the risk.

"Intrusion"

Last edited by DHart; August 10th, 2012 at 01:59 AM.
    Don

4. The following 16 members thank DHart for this post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default calm

summer evening

6. The following 3 members thank dogs100 for this post:

Nesting Red Bellied Woodpecker

8. The following 6 members thank MajorMagee for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by DHart View Post
    Lumix 14-140, free roaming bison at the National Bison Preserve, Montana. I think I got a little tooooo close for his comfort - mine prolly, too. But the image was worth the risk.

"Intrusion"

Phooey, why try? You've obviously already won.
    EP-3, EM-5, 12/50, 12mm, 17mm, 14/42mm, 40/150, 75/300, Nikon 400mm f/3.5 AIS IF ED, HLD6, FL 600R

Default Fawn

[IMG][/IMG]

This little guy was about the size of a jack rabbit. Probably less than one day old.
    EP-3, EM-5, 12/50, 12mm, 17mm, 14/42mm, 40/150, 75/300, Nikon 400mm f/3.5 AIS IF ED, HLD6, FL 600R

11. The following 10 members thank nueces snapper for this post:

Real Name
    Chris

and this is NZ's second most important specimen after the Kiwi....The Giant Weta

13. The following 4 members thank Chrisnmn for this post:

Default Deer in mist

woof

15. The following 16 members thank woof for this post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Leopard in the Serengeti

17. The following 8 members thank Antonio for this post:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast