July 24th, 2012, 01:47 PM
10th Mu-43 salon competition - Environmental Portrait
What is an Environmental Portrait?
It's a portrait that is taken in such a way that you communicate something about the subject rather than just taking their picture.
Other than that, my personal take is that it is a portrait of a person, the person is aware they are being photographed, and the photographer has done some work with the subject to help capture something unique about the subject. Some will disagree with these, so I emphasize that this is my opinion about Environmental Photography.
Annie Leibovitz is one that come to mind that is a master in environmental portraits.
A good friend of mine, Robert Seale, is also a top notch environmental portrait photographer. Particularly for sports portraits.
Here's a good link that goes into detail on what makes a good environmental portrait.
Environmental Portrait Photography- Portrait Photogaphy
Take a picture of someone and tell us a story through the pose, lighting, background, and surroundings.
Closing date: August 7th.
Shots can be from your portfolio or taken specifically for the competition.
Now for the Rules:
1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.
2. Shots can be uploaded from any gallery, Mu43 or whatever is your preference.
3. To enter your photo after uploading, copy the code in the Linked Image box and paste it into a reply to to this message. You can use the Quick Reply box at the bottom of this page.
4. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you intend doing.
5. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!
6. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Mu-43 Contests and Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. That opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.
7. The curator can't enter his or her own salon.
8. Please, don“t be shy...Participate and have fun.
9. Each salon should be open for about two weeks.
The following 2 members thank scarbrd for this post:
July 24th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Is it something like this?
Camilah por sLorenzi, no Flickr
The following 4 members thank sLorenzi for this post:
July 24th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Exactly like that! ;-)
Originally Posted by sLorenzi
July 25th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Hope this hits the mark.
Last edited by woof; July 25th, 2012 at 11:35 AM.
The following 8 members thank woof for this post:
July 26th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Let's see those awesome portrait images!!!!
July 26th, 2012, 11:37 AM
I have a concept; just have to execute it ...
The best shot you take is with the camera that you have with you.
July 26th, 2012, 11:48 AM
The following 8 members thank tanngrisnir3 for this post:
July 26th, 2012, 11:10 PM
As do I.
Originally Posted by sprinke
Flickr Hammock Forums.net
Panasonic DMC-GF1 -- Panasonic 45-200 f4-5.6 | Panasonic 20 f1.7
| Konica Hexanon 40mm f1.8 | Vivitar 28mm f2.5 F-mount | Pro Optic 500mm f8 mirror lens T-mount
July 26th, 2012, 11:47 PM
OMD w/ the Panasonic 14-45 @f4 1/60 18mm
Last edited by dgorman47; July 26th, 2012 at 11:54 PM.
The following 4 members thank dgorman47 for this post:
July 27th, 2012, 12:25 AM
The following 12 members thank grantb for this post:
- + Show/Hide list of the thanked
fin azvandi, jalex, jloden, jyc860923, KVG, Livnius, pake, PSimmons, Roger, scarbrd, spatulaboy, Uncle Frank
Links on this page may be to our affiliates; sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.