Ads by Google

Amazon

B&H Photo

Adorama

Default Anyone with Nokton 17.5 mm 0.95 ?

Hi guys
    I wanna move ahead into next line of MFT lenses and wanna start with Nokton 17.5 mm 0.95 . I haven't seen anyone with this lens here or any image thread. Please shed some light on this gem .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    OMD Silver with battery Grip
    Olympus 45mm 1.8
    Olympus 60 mm 2.8
    Fuji X100 Black LE

0dBm was about to get it...

Olympus OM-D E-M5
    Panasonic Lumix 12-35mm F2.8
    Panasonic Leica Summilux 25mm F1.4
    Panasonic Lumix 45-175mm F4-5.6

TDP Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bhupinder2002 View Post
    Hi guys
    I wanna move ahead into next line of MFT lenses and wanna start with Nokton 17.5 mm 0.95 . I haven't seen anyone with this lens here or any image thread. Please shed some light on this gem .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    I plan to pick one up this week or next week, as soon as I can get a moment away from work and get down to the store. I have it's brother, the 25mm, and it is a magical lens (it is almost light cheating, awesome shots seem to come out of the camera by themselves).

5. Default

Laurentiu Cristofor (not sure if he's a member here, probably is) has quite a few recent shots with the 17.5mm on his flickr:

Flickr: Laurentiu Cristofor's Photostream

The Phoblographer has some great street shots in their review too:

Review: Voigtlander 17.5mm f0.95 Lens (Micro Four Thirds)
    At first blush I am tempted to conclude that a satisfactory hobby must be in large degree useless, inefficient, laborious, or irrelevant. - Aldo Leopold

EM5 + Lumix, m.Zuiko and Voigtländer glass | Ricoh GR | Pentax MX + SMC M50/f1.4
    People + Other Strange Creatures - walking | photography | travel
    Above Me Only Sky - An exploration of place, 365 days with the Ricoh GR

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nickthetasmaniac View Post
    Laurentiu Cristofor (not sure if he's a member here, probably is) has quite a few recent shots with the 17.5mm on his flickr:

Flickr: Laurentiu Cristofor's Photostream

The Phoblographer has some great street shots in their review too:

Review: Voigtlander 17.5mm f0.95 Lens (Micro Four Thirds)
    Laurentiu sure is a member, he basically owns the 3rd page of the 17.5 Image Thread. :D
    GX1 - OM-D E-M5 - Lumix G 7-14 | 12-35 | 20 | 35-100 - Samyang 7.5 - Sigma DN 60 - 500px

7. Default

I just ordered one from B&H this weekend. Should have it friday. I'll plan to use it this weekend and will post my thoughts with photos. Should be really fun to use.

Real Name
    Jason

I rented it for a little over a week and while very impressive in terms of build and capability, I am afraid in my hands & with my camera (GF1 w/ LVF1) it was difficult to realize the potential of this great lens. I would assume that this lens on a GH2 or OM-5 would be a great pairing.
    ...And I thought the gear-filled signatures were just for high-end audio forums...

Gf1 w/ LVF1, 20mm, 14-45mm, Super Tak SMC 55/1.8, & Hexanon 40/1.8 inside a Clik Elite Compact Sport

Pekka Potka has posted samples and a review.

DH
    E-M5 | E-PM2 | mZD 12-40/2.8 | mZD 12-50/3.5-6.3 | P 14-42/3.5-5.6 II | P 45-150/4.0-5.6 | P 14/2.5 | P 20/1.7 | PL 25/1.4 | mZD 45/1.8