Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PAD Project Experience... Day 90 Review.

Hello everyone,

following on from our Day 60 Review, I'm hoping that we can share our thoughts and feelings here as we reach Day 90... this was my own personal goal, and as expected, I now find it quite easy on a mechanical level to find a few minutes each day to focus on my photography.

The challenge for me now, will be to take this positive habit and direct it towards a new goal... I'm thinking that I'd like to dream up some new projects which would lead to a series of books or exhibitions.

I would encourage anyone reading this to join in the PAD project for your own 90 day commitment - post your experience in the 30/60/90 day reviews and let's inspire each other to become better photographers!

Cheers

Brian
    Founder, Olympus Photo Safari Group
    http://www.ukphotosafari.org

Well, inevitably it had to happen... my (consecutive) PAD project has come to an end - I ran on to 128 days in the end, and although I will continue to use my camera every day, I won't post to my PAD every day unless I feel the image is worth sharing.

Over the 128 days, I've established hugely useful habits... never to leave the house without a camera, always be on the lookout for interesting things to photograph... improved my quality of post processing... enjoyed the camaraderie of the PAD group... truly enjoyed the consistent high quality feedback from the viewers.

All in all, I think it's been one of the most important projects to advance my photography I could have done. Again, I highly recommend you give it a go for yourself.

Cheers

Brian

3. The following 3 members thank Brian Mosley for this post:

Real Name
    Lisa

Congratulations Brian and we'll miss you in the blog section. I hope you will find many post worthy images. I have to write here as today is my day 90 but I'll do that later.

Thanks Lisa, I'll still post anything worthy there... Congratulations on your Day 90! can't wait to read your thoughts on the process, and I have really enjoyed your work and company throughout.

Cheers

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Mosley View Post
    Well, inevitably it had to happen... my (consecutive) PAD project has come to an end - I ran on to 128 days in the end, and although I will continue to use my camera every day, I won't post to my PAD every day unless I feel the image is worth sharing.
    Well, I'm somehow speechless. It was a great pleasure to share your images day after day, and a privilege to be dragged by the example you set.

I turned myself 100 today, and don't feel the impulse wearing out at the moment, but who knows, it may not last forever either. I hope you'll somehow come back from time to time, at least for a welcome C+C. Your experience would be much welcome.

On a broader scale, maybe now would be a good time to trawl some newcomers into starting their own PAD, don't you think ? I feel some previous followers are drifting away at the moment, most because they reached their goal, but they are not replaced. Any idea on how to breath a new life into this adventure ?

7. The following 2 members thank mauve for this post:

Real Name
    Lisa

90 Day PAD Experience

I just scanned my blog to see overall what I have done in the last 30 days. Many of my photos were flowers and others outdoor scenes, a few personal photos of things going on in my life but very few people. April through June is always good for flower and garden photography and I have been having alot of fun shooting macros in my garden. I have found that this time of year it can be fairly easy to shoot something everyday as long as you don't expect to shoot a masterpiece everyday. I try to shoot something everyday but if I don't particularly like anything from that day I may resort to one from a few days back that I prefer.

I have found it is best to post photos on the morning of the following day as that gives me more time to process them without feeling rushed and the images get more time in the Today list in the Blog/PAD section. We could use some new Padders but regardless I am having fun doing this and I know I would not have shot many of these photos without the regularity of the PAD.

I think the M 4/3 system is really good for a project like this as the cameras are small and easy to almost always have one (or more) with you. I don't know how long I will keep going I really don't have a goal. I will just keep doing it until I no longer feel like it.

adding:
    I was thinking a bit more about this and what I think counts most is the body of work as something you can look back on re-live your photography and that time in your life and look back on how you are changing and developing as a photographer. Sometimes the photos should be trivial, simple storytelling, others can be more artistic but like life, everyday should be a little different.
    Last edited by LisaO; June 25th, 2010 at 09:29 PM.

9. The following 2 members thank LisaO for this post:

10. Default

I hope to start my own PAD soon, however my main concern is that I can't drive... How big of a factor was driving in your PAD campaign?
    Nikon: D300s, D5000(for sale), SB-600, 35mmf1.8, 60mmf2.8 Micro, 18-200f3.5-5.6, 24-70mmf2.8, 58mm Voightlander f1.4 (for sale)
    Panasonic: GF1 w/ 20mmf1.7
    flickr

Default Jamus

Jamus, please don't be put off by the fact that you don't drive! I am "at home" mostly and although I drive, it's mostly very mundane ferrying of people here and there I have reached day 75 and managed to photograph something each day. If not the garden then objects around the house. It has actually forced me to be more creative. I hope you will join us in our PAD project and look forward to seeing your photos. Give it a try and see how you go

Quote Originally Posted by Jamus View Post
    I hope to start my own PAD soon, however my main concern is that I can't drive... How big of a factor was driving in your PAD campaign?
    I don't drive either. Most of my pictures were taken around my apartment.

You don't need to go out of your way to get on board the project. The idea is to build a strong photographic habit, to think of taking your camera with you every time, and to improve your graphical sense. But nobody expects a stunning pro-quality extraordinary picture every day. Your neighbour's door can do, if you don't think of anything else.

My own PAD project at a glance (there are a few 'extra' that didn't made the cut to the PAD, but mostly it's the same base) :

Picasa Web Albums - m-viet - OLYMPUS E-P1
    Last edited by mauve; June 25th, 2010 at 06:09 AM.

Real Name
    Lisa

I am sure you could come up with interesting photographs regardless of if you drive or not. I am certain some photographers could come up with good photographs never leaving one room. Photograph your neighborhood, room, street anything that interests you. The point is to be involved and to contribute both photographs and feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamus View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast