Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

1. Default 9th Mu-43 salon competition - HDR

I know this is a tricky one, and not everybody might like it. I love HDR because it gives images a sense of being unique, and it leaves a lot of room for the photographer's... "artistic" interpretation if you will.
    (EDIT: Please keep it real HDR, and not the "dramatic" filter in the camera. ;) )

So here we go. And as per the house, below are the rules:

Shots can be from your portfolio or taken specifically for the competition.

Now for the Rules:

1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.

2. Shots can be uploaded from any gallery, Mu43 or whatever is your preference.

3. To enter your photo after uploading, copy the code in the Linked Image box and paste it into a reply to to this message. You can use the Quick Reply box at the bottom of this page.

4. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you intend doing.

5. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

6. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the Mu-43 Contests and Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. That opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

7. The curator can't enter his or her own salon.

8. Please, donīt be shy...Participate and have fun.

9. Each salon should be open for about two weeks.

2. The following member thanks andix for this post:

3. Default

First time posting a picture

4. The following 4 members thank Alain for this post:

Default Within The Place of a Stone Circle

3 images combined to capture detail in the sky and the stones.

6. The following 16 members thank scarbrd for this post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Ep3 processed by NIK HDR effex pro
    Last edited by KS11; July 15th, 2012 at 11:35 PM.

8. The following member thanks KS11 for this post:

B&W HDR

10. The following 8 members thank Repp for this post:

11. Default

Upwards!

12. The following 5 members thank supermaxv for this post:

I prefer HDR that is not too overblown. I tend to use it where it serves the subject as opposed to becoming the subject. This chapel was actually very dark inside. The only light was that coming in from the windows high up along the ceiling and from the stained glass window.

HDR helped level the wide DR from window light to shadows behind the arches, and served also to saturate colors so that it was not as muddy as it would have appeared had I taken one exposure.

14. The following 13 members thank woof for this post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

c'mon folks, let's see some awesome HDR images!!!

michaeln Guest

Last weekend, northern California coast. Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1, 14-45@14mm with polarizer. 7 shots 1 EV apart, individual RAW images into DxO Optics Pro 7.5.2, from there into Photomatix Pro 4.2.2, then into ACR 7, then PS CS6. Not as complicated as it sounds, I just enjoy all the PP.

Last edited by michaeln; July 6th, 2012 at 07:13 PM.

17. The following 5 members thank michaeln for this post:

Panasonic G3 and 100-300mm

19. The following 9 members thank Kevin for this post:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast