Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,852
    Real Name
    Muttley


    Default OMD v. XPro1 v. NEX7 - high ISO test by Steve Huff


    Steve Huff published some pretty interesting high ISO comparison photos featuring the OMD v. XP1 v. NEX7.

    Crazy Comparison High ISO and Exposure! Olympus OM-D E-M5 vs Fuji X-Pro 1 vs Sony NEX-7 JPEG | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

    After having briefly owned the NEX7 and XP1 myself, I'm definitely looking forward to getting a hold of the OMD.

    C'mon Amazon!!!
    Last edited by Armanius; April 20th, 2012 at 10:51 AM.
    OMD EM5, EM1
    12/2 14/2.5 20/1.7 25/1.4 75/1.8 14-150 45-150
    My FlickR!


  2. The following 4 members thank Armanius for this post:



  3. #2


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armanius View Post
    Steve Huff published some pretty interesting high ISO comparison photos featuring the OMD v. XP1 v. NEX7.

    Crazy Comparison High ISO and Exposure! Olympus OM-D E-M5 vs Fuji X-Pro 1 vs Sony NEX-7 JPEG | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

    After having briefly owned the NEX7 and XP1 myself, I'm definitely looking forward to getting a hold of the OMD.

    C'mon Amazon!!!
    Seriously...what's the deal? I ordered my Black kit, 600r & Grip on the 7th (like 4AM EST). I already have the grip but no word at all on the Kit


  4. #3


    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by MrKal_El View Post
    Seriously...what's the deal? I ordered my Black kit, 600r & Grip on the 7th (like 4AM EST). I already have the grip but no word at all on the Kit
    Ugh I'm sorry to read this. Who did you order it from?
    Professional Photographer, Lumix Luminary using Micro 4/3 Gear
    Find me online here-
    Blog Small Camera Big Picture
    Google Plus Circle me on G+
    Flickr Small Camera Big Picture Flickr Group
    Portfolio - Giulio Sciorio


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,852
    Real Name
    Muttley


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKal_El View Post
    Seriously...what's the deal? I ordered my Black kit, 600r & Grip on the 7th (like 4AM EST). I already have the grip but no word at all on the Kit
    At least you can hold on to something -- the grip.
    OMD EM5, EM1
    12/2 14/2.5 20/1.7 25/1.4 75/1.8 14-150 45-150
    My FlickR!


  6. The following member thanks Armanius for this post:



  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    4,125
    Real Name
    Dara


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armanius View Post
    Steve Huff published some pretty interesting high ISO comparison photos featuring the OMD v. XP1 v. NEX7.

    Crazy Comparison High ISO and Exposure! Olympus OM-D E-M5 vs Fuji X-Pro 1 vs Sony NEX-7 JPEG | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS
    I guess JPEG tests are probably meaningful for more shooters than RAW tests are, but they're certainly not useful for me, which is why I wish people would post RAW samples alongside their JPEGs, so we all have a change to see how things work.

    DH


  8. #6


    Default


    Screw Amazon. I also ordered on the 7th. They shipped my grip, but no camera. I ended up canceling my pre-order. It'll probably be easier to buy the camera local.
    Last edited by Jonathan F/2; April 20th, 2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Jonathan | My Blog
    Gear: E-M10 | E-PM2+VF-4 | GF2 | AF: P14 | PL25 | S60 | P45-150 MF: C25 | C50 + A Full Nikon FX Kit


  9. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,852
    Real Name
    Muttley


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dhazeghi View Post
    I guess JPEG tests are probably meaningful for more shooters than RAW tests are, but they're certainly not useful for me, which is why I wish people would post RAW samples alongside their JPEGs, so we all have a change to see how things work.

    DH
    Agreed. Unfortunately, other than using Silkypix that comes with the XP1, and I suppose Oly Master that comes with the OMD, there's no RAW support for the OMD and XP1 yet.

    @Jonathan - looks like you too have a grip to hold on to! :)
    OMD EM5, EM1
    12/2 14/2.5 20/1.7 25/1.4 75/1.8 14-150 45-150
    My FlickR!



  10. #8


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armanius View Post
    At least you can hold on to something -- the grip.
    Dont let the grip slip..It may lead u to the camera someday ...lol
    Cheers
    OMD Silver with battery Grip
    Olympus 45mm 1.8
    Olympus 60 mm 2.8
    Fuji X100 Black LE


  11. #9


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Armanius View Post
    Agreed. Unfortunately, other than using Silkypix that comes with the XP1, and I suppose Oly Master that comes with the OMD, there's no RAW support for the OMD and XP1 yet.

    @Jonathan - looks like you too have a grip to hold on to! :)
    Sure there is - Corel AfterShot Pro
    Professional Photographer, Lumix Luminary using Micro 4/3 Gear
    Find me online here-
    Blog Small Camera Big Picture
    Google Plus Circle me on G+
    Flickr Small Camera Big Picture Flickr Group
    Portfolio - Giulio Sciorio


  12. #10


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gsciorio View Post
    Ugh I'm sorry to read this. Who did you order it from?
    Twas the Amazon.



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Click here to post a deal in Hot Deals.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates; sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.

>> See more discussions




Inspired Eye

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0