Thread: Konica CLA

Default Konica CLA

I have to pass this information on. As many of us here, I have accumulated some excellent Konica glass (all Hexanon's). Two lenses belonged to my father, so they have a lot of sentimental value, and others I picked up along the way.

I have been looking for the past several months for someone who could due a CLA (clean, lube and adjust) on one that had a sticky aperture ring. After googling (now a accepted verb in the English language) my head off I located this guy:

Greg Weber
    Weber Camera
    2022 East. 7th Street
    Fremont, NE 68025
    U.S.A.
    web site: www.webercamera.com

Phone: (402)-721-3873
    Toll Free: (877)-721-3873

I called him and we chatted for a while. Greg used to work for Konica and when they went out of business he BOUGHT their entire lens stock and spare parts inventory (including glass elements). He ONLY repairs Konica.

Basically he said, mail it to him and he would give me a price, but that it should be in the $45-70 range. That seemed reasonable to me.

He called after he got the lens and told me the sticky aperture ring was actually a BENT aperture ring. I figure I was forever stuck with a bent ring. Then he asked if I wanted to replace the bent ring. When he quoted me the price to replace I was shocked.....it was so reasonable.

I got back a "Like New" lens for less than $60.

So....I sent him ALL my Konica's. He called and told me the dust in my 85/1.8 was actually metal filings from the helicals....NO PROBLEM, he would fix it. He asked if I wanted to keep a focus ring on my 57/1.2 that the previous owner had etched his SS# into it. I told him no...NO PROBLEM, he put a new one on it.

They all came back today....simply gorgeous.

The guy is unbelievably nice...and reasonable. So......give him a call if you have a Konica that you want to clean or repair.

[BTW.....I have NO affiliation with Greg.....and I asked Amin if it would be OK to post this since it is somewhat of an advert for this guy...he was ok with it]

2. The following 4 members thank Rich M for this post:

great info, ive got 3 konica lenses , im glad a reliable source exists for parts ans service

thanks

Greg Weber comes highly recommended for all Konica work. I have seen his work praised in the Koni-Omega/Rapid Omega world for years, though I haven't used him myself. His prices seem to be much better than I remember them being, but maybe it's just the medium format stuff being more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by cosinaphile View Post
    great info, ive got 3 konica lenses , im glad a reliable source exists for parts ans service

thanks
    I have a bunch of Konica lenses too. Good to know about Greg Weber's service.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    I have to pass this information on. As many of us here, I have accumulated some excellent Konica glass (all Hexanon's). Two lenses belonged to my father, so they have a lot of sentimental value, and others I picked up along the way.

I have been looking for the past several months for someone who could due a CLA (clean, lube and adjust) on one that had a sticky aperture ring. After googling (now a accepted verb in the English language) my head off I located this guy:

Greg Weber
    Weber Camera
    2022 East. 7th Street
    Fremont, NE 68025
    U.S.A.
    web site: WELCOME TO WEBER CAMERA

Phone: (402)-721-3873
    Toll Free: (877)-721-3873

I called him and we chatted for a while. Greg used to work for Konica and when they went out of business he BOUGHT their entire lens stock and spare parts inventory (including glass elements). He ONLY repairs Konica.

Basically he said, mail it to him and he would give me a price, but that it should be in the $45-70 range. That seemed reasonable to me.

He called after he got the lens and told me the sticky aperture ring was actually a BENT aperture ring. I figure I was forever stuck with a bent ring. Then he asked if I wanted to replace the bent ring. When he quoted me the price to replace I was shocked.....it was so reasonable.

I got back a "Like New" lens for less than $60.

So....I sent him ALL my Konica's. He called and told me the dust in my 85/1.8 was actually metal filings from the helicals....NO PROBLEM, he would fix it. He asked if I wanted to keep a focus ring on my 57/1.2 that the previous owner had etched his SS# into it. I told him no...NO PROBLEM, he put a new one on it.

They all came back today....simply gorgeous.

The guy is unbelievably nice...and reasonable. So......give him a call if you have a Konica that you want to clean or repair.

[BTW.....I have NO affiliation with Greg.....and I asked Amin if it would be OK to post this since it is somewhat of an advert for this guy...he was ok with it]
    I wouldn't class it as an advert for the guy, more of a testimony....and a very useful peice of information. Thank you.
    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John