Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking How to make someone's day !!

I very seldom ever buy photographs. Perhaps the odd postcard.... Just prefer to take my own- seems more personal. Would have to be something rather special to tempt me. Anyway yesterday there was a photographic exhibition on in a village hall so as always looking for inspiration I had a look round. Some nice stuff. Spotted this gem of an image -A4 size. A robin perched on the arm of a park bench. Everything about it screamed " perfection". Didn't even look at the price as again I never buy photos.
    On the way out I spoke with the girl on the desk who was manning the exhibition and said to her-" the one outstanding photo for me is the robin."
    Well she beamed and said " that's mine " !!
    Anyway she said a number in . and without a second thought I said yes. She was so darned excited I couldn't believe it. She was maybe early 20's . She then said-" it's my first ever sale of one of my images".
    Got her to sign and date it. Made my day...and hers ;)

Cath

2. The following 13 members thank Minniesmum for this post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quite a story. It's these smaller things that make our lives more interesting and well, worth living it .
    Veeresh

4. The following member thanks veereshai for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Minniesmum View Post
    I very seldom ever buy photographs. Perhaps the odd postcard.... Just prefer to take my own- seems more personal. Would have to be something rather special to tempt me. Anyway yesterday there was a photographic exhibition on in a village hall so as always looking for inspiration I had a look round. Some nice stuff. Spotted this gem of an image -A4 size. A robin perched on the arm of a park bench. Everything about it screamed " perfection". Didn't even look at the price as again I never buy photos.
    On the way out I spoke with the girl on the desk who was manning the exhibition and said to her-" the one outstanding photo for me is the robin."
    Well she beamed and said " that's mine " !!
    Anyway she said a number in . and without a second thought I said yes. She was so darned excited I couldn't believe it. She was maybe early 20's . She then said-" it's my first ever sale of one of my images".
    Got her to sign and date it. Made my day...and hers ;)

Cath

Thats so nice and wonderful. The pic she sold may be only for a few Pounds but that happiness and satisfaction is priceless. U did make her day Cath . Now let me make urs. lol
    This one is for u for being so nice and considerate.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

OMD Silver with battery Grip
    Olympus 45mm 1.8
    Olympus 60 mm 2.8
    Fuji X100 Black LE

6. The following member thanks Bhupinder2002 for this post:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by veereshai View Post
    Quite a story. It's these smaller things that make our lives more interesting and well, worth living it .
    thank you. It made me feel good to be human....that doesn't happen too often these days.

8. The following member thanks Minniesmum for this post:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bhupinder2002 View Post
    Thats so nice and wonderful. The pic she sold may be only for a few Pounds but that happiness and satisfaction is priceless. U did make her day Cath . Now let me make urs. lol
    This one is for u for being so nice and considerate.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

Thank you Bhupinder for this lovely flower and the gesture ! There must have been 150 images in this exhibition so I think the fact that I singled that one out as my fav was what the girl photographer was so happy about. Yes the money was irrelevant. Also I told her I never usually buy photos as prefer to take my own,which delighted her.

10. The following member thanks Minniesmum for this post:

Real Name
    Nic

Nice story, thanks for sharing!
    Nic
    E-M1, E-M5, GH1
    Flickr Photostream

"Don't tell me that you're a good photographer.
    Don't tell me that you have an amazing camera.
    Show me."

12. The following member thanks Luckypenguin for this post:

Very nice story. Sharing your story, you have brought a bit of humanity and warmth to all of us ... in a small way, by raising the spirits of that one person, you made the world a better place. Thank you Cath.

Gary

PS- So now what'cha gonna do with the photo? (lol)
    G
    Last edited by GaryAyala; April 10th, 2012 at 10:38 AM.
    "Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
    My Snaps are Here: Unsharp At Any Speed
    Critiquing my images is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

14. The following 2 members thank GaryAyala for this post:

Real Name
    Luke

Even if it never crosses our lips, we all want to be approved of. I'm going to try to make a stranger smile today. Who knows.....maybe I'll try to make it a habit instead of being a curmudgeon all the time.
    Thanks for the story and the inspiration.

16. The following 2 members thank Luke for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Even if it never crosses our lips, we all want to be approved of. I'm going to try to make a stranger smile today. Who knows.....maybe I'll try to make it a habit instead of being a curmudgeon all the time.
    Thanks for the story and the inspiration.
    It's easier being a grump ... and more fun ... (Luke's thought of making a stranger smile ... while the thought has much merit, it was too girly for me to say).

G
    Last edited by GaryAyala; April 10th, 2012 at 11:13 AM.
    "Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
    My Snaps are Here: Unsharp At Any Speed
    Critiquing my images is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

18. The following member thanks GaryAyala for this post:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GaryAyala View Post
    Very nice story. Sharing your story, you have brought a bit of humanity and warmth to all of us ... in a small way, by raising the spirits of that one person, you made the world a better place. Thank you Cath.

Gary

PS- So now what'cha gonna do with the photo? (lol)
    G
    thanks Gary.. the framed shot is still in my van so that I can look at it during the day while I'm out and about. I may take it to work once I go back in a couple of weeks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast