Ads by Google

Amazon

B&H Photo

Adorama

Default Micro 4/3 Why I love it!

When I ordered my EPL2 my wife wondered why I wanted another camera when I already had an E-5 with five very good lenses. The attached picture shows why. It shows the weight, the waste belt I carry all the stuff on, and all the items in the pockets of the waiste belt. The total weight is a tad over 5 lbs. The E-5, 12-60,50-200, Fl50R, extension tube.etc. etc. weighed over 18 lbs. When I was 30 I could carry a back pack of that size and hike 10 or 15 miles in a day. I an few days I will be 79 and I can't carry that much weight anymore. I can still walk a mile in twenty minutes carrying the 18 lbs but I simply don't want to do it any more. Thanks to the Micro 4/3 symtem I will still be able to carry a quality camera and hike 5 or 6 miles. Whem my new EM5 arrives in April it will add less than a lb. I hope to buty the Oly 75 mm when it comes out and have all prime lenses. They do make a difference. In case you wondering, I am not wealthy, just willing to go without clothing or food to enjoy my Olympus cameras. I have had many over the years and still have a 5050, 520, E-5, EPL2, and soon a EM5, Also have a small oly for underwater use. By the way I am not selling anything I have. Now I will have to learn how to take pictures. I just realized I don't know how to attach a picture--if someone would help me I would attach the picture of the gear I mentioned above.

2. The following 9 members thank Rfinley33 for this post:

Happy birthday!

As for attching photos, I never use message attachments. I just host the file (in websize) on my server (you can use an image hosting site like flickr, photobucket, imageshack, twitpic, smugmug, picnik, etc), then add them in the image by posting the URL within IMG tags (or use the icon with the mountain pic in the top edit bar).
    Olympus E-3 | Olympus E-PL2 PEN | Olympus E-PM1 PEN | Zuiko ED 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 SWD | Zuiko 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 | Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 | Konica Hexanon 50mm f/1.4 | Konica Hexanon 85mm f/1.8 | G.Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 35mm f/3.5 Macro | Zuiko 25mm f/2.8 | KMZ Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5 | E.Zuiko 200mm f/4 | Zuiko 75-150mm f/4 | Olympus EC-14 teleconverter | VF-2 and VF-3 Viewfinders | EMA-1 Mic Adapter | Olympus FL-36R and FL-50R speedlights

cyclopsphoto.ca

Real Name
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Rfinley33 View Post
    In case you wondering, I am not wealthy, just willing to go without clothing or food to enjoy my Olympus cameras.
    You're my kind of guy!

Default Posting Pictures

Ned,:
    thanks for the help. I still have a few problems: 1) Don't know what a URL is; 2) Have never Flicker or anything like it. I will see what I can learn from friends and see if I can follow you advice. By the way on my first post on this forum I acknowledged you as one of the most knowledgeble and helpful individuals that post on this form and also on 4/3 and Four Thirds. I appreciate you sharing you knowledge and experience.
    Bob

Real Name
    Fred

As a member you get gallery space here at mu43. I upload images to my gallery then link to posts I make here.

I think there's instructions somewhere around here.

Fred

Real Name
    Fred

Default Thankyou

Thank all of you for helping.

This is the picture of all the equipment for my EPL2
    Attached Images Attached Images