Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default E-M5 Comparison Test Pics (DPReview)

Have you guys seen this yet? Just posted recently over on dpreview

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Hands-on Preview: Digital Photography Review

The E-M5 looks good so far
    -- Kin

I shoot JPEG =]

E-M5, Oly 12-50, Oly 45, PL25, Panasonic 45-175X
    MF Lenses: Minolta 45mm f2, 50mm f1.4, 58mm f1.4, 135mm f.28

2. Default

sure does... even at 1600 iso comparison, it shines against what they have it compared to.....
    Fuji X-Pro1, 35mm f/1.4 & 18-55mm lens, X100s and Oly EP3, Pany 14mm 2.5, Oly 40-150mm II R

These DPReview tests pics look very promising. Very dark blacks compared to the greys of the current leading CSCs/MILCs.

I played around with the comparison to compare it to some other cameras. To my eyes the E-M5 is going to give even the D7000 a run for its money.
    Last edited by Muntz; March 16th, 2012 at 07:11 PM.

4. Default

Gotta put it to RAW to really see. It is impressive. Looks like it's caught up to the 5N up to 6400. Nice job Oly!

Yup...definitely shows there is no issue with the sharpness when compared against other cameras. In RawTherapee it's as sharp as a tack!

It's right about what I was thinking from those previous samples...about 2/3 stop better than the GH2 and about 1/3 stop worse than the NEX-5N (if that).

I wish DPR would keep their lighting constant. The exposures are different between the cameras, but they just said they've put new lights in, and one with a dimmer, so we have no way of comparing that.

Awesome performance!!

Wow, just wow. I don't know how they did it. At ISO 3200 I can't see any difference compared to my 60d. At ISO 6400, which is the highest I'm willing to go on my Canon, it also fares extremely well.

7. Default

In RAW it's less than two stops behind the 5D Mark II between ISO 3200 and ISO 12800. Base noise is obviously higher, but I'm impressed...any regrets I had about selling my 5DII are gone.
    Cheers,

-ethan

500px

Dang! How do I switch my pre-order from Silver to Black. I think I want black instead, but I'll bet the pre-order queue is HUGE now. I don't want to go to the back of the line!
    Last edited by WT21; March 16th, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
    EP3, GX7, P20, O40-150, P100-300
    NEX6 w/MF lenses and RX100

Real Name
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by WT21 View Post
    Dang! How do I switch my pre-order from Silver to Black. I think I want black instead, but I'll bet the pre-order queue is HUGE now. I don't want to go to the back of the line!
    Totally off-topic, but I'm starting to agree with you. I thought for sure silver was the way to go, but that is one good-looking black camera.

Man the haters are out in force in dpreview's m43 forum. There might come a time soon when I don't bother reading that forum at all...
    - Hiep
    Olympus E-P3
    my smugmug

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast