Ads by Google

Amazon

B&H Photo

Adorama

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Real Name
    Amin

Default Update on Panasonic Leica DG Summilux Clicking Noise on Olympus Pen Bodies

There has been a fair amount of discussion about clicking aperture noises coming from the Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4 DG Summilux lens when used on Olympus PEN bodies, and I reached out to contacts at Panasonic regarding this issue.

The folks at Panasonic were responsive, able to reproduce the problem, and quickly determined that it is likely an Olympus camera firmware issue. They reached out to Olympus, who were aware of the issue. Olympus is currently studying the problem and do not see a need to work with Panasonic to solve it but cannot commit to any timeline for a fix.

At this point, I think that those who are affected and want a remedy may want to contact Olympus directly to voice their concerns.
    Amin
    Mu-43.com Webmaster (Site FAQ | Help Forum | My Disclosures | My Flickriver | My G+ Profile)

Note: Links in this post may be to our affiliates. We get a small referral fee when you buy after clicking our link. Your price is unaffected.

2. The following 9 members thank Amin Sabet for this post:

Hope they come up with a fix soon.
    Timothy Soong Photography
    Panasonic GF2, GH2
    Panasonic 14-45mm(f/3.5-5.6), 14mm(f/2.5), 25mm(f/1.4); Olympus 45mm(f/1.8)
    Minolta MD Tele Rokkor-X 135mm(f/2.8)
    Olympus FL-36R
    Velbon Ultrek 43D
    Zkin Babylon

Real Name
    Joe

Interesting. Great work Amin.
    Joe

...my stuff is on
    flickr

5. Default

Still don't regret the shift to a GF1, but this is great news for Oly folks. Great news Amin...knew you could do it mate
    Last edited by stillshunter; December 14th, 2011 at 04:44 AM.
    No longer a mu43 shooter
    "If I was able to tell this story in words I wouldn't have to carry a camera" - Lewis W. Hine
    Flickerriver

Well done Amin.... hope it'll be soon or I will be moving to Panny bodies from now on.

M
    All a dream
    E-M5(black&gripped), P14, Oly17, PL25, PL45, Oly45, Oly9-18, Oly12-50, P45-200, FL-14, MAL-1,
    OM1, OM28/f2.8, OM50/f1.8, OM100/f2.8, Viv135/f2.8, OM35-70/f4, OM75-150/f4, T20

Quote Originally Posted by Muntjack View Post
    Well done Amin.... hope it'll be soon or I will be moving to Panny bodies from now on.

M
    ...and THIS is what's in it for Olympus.

I've seen it commented before that Olympus have no motivation for fixing issues with Panasonic lenses on their bodies.

I will wait for the fix before I decide to buy.

Thanks a lot Amin.

E-PM1
    P14mm, P20mm
    Oly 12-50mm, Oly45mm, Oly40-150mm

--------------------------------------------------------------

Real Name
    Pavel

Quote Originally Posted by grantb View Post
    ...and THIS is what's in it for Olympus.

I've seen it commented before that Olympus have no motivation for fixing issues with Panasonic lenses on their bodies.
    Let's think...

1) Lenses are more important than bodies.

2) Right now Olympus makes only three lenses worth buying (9-18, 12, 45) as opposed to Panasonic who makes the whole range of high quality optics (7-14, 14, 20, PL25, PL45, 100-300).

3) At least two Panasonic lenses (20 and PL25) rattle when used on Olympus bodies, but all Olympus lenses work fine on Panasonic bodies.

I think it's fair to assume that a significant portion of Micro 4/3 shooters want to use Panasonic lenses - simply because there are no Olympus lenses as good as the 20mm pancake or PL25. If Olympus doesn't solve the problem, many of them will stay away from Olympus and buy Panasonic. In the end, Olympus will hurt themselves.
    As a truly great man, I hate people with delusions of grandeur.

10. The following member thanks stratokaster for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by stratokaster View Post
    Let's think...

1) Lenses are more important than bodies.

2) Right now Olympus makes only three lenses worth buying (9-18, 12, 45) as opposed to Panasonic who makes the whole range of high quality optics (7-14, 14, 20, PL25, PL45, 100-300).

3) At least two Panasonic lenses (20 and PL25) rattle when used on Olympus bodies, but all Olympus lenses work fine on Panasonic bodies.

I think it's fair to assume that a significant portion of Micro 4/3 shooters want to use Panasonic lenses - simply because there are no Olympus lenses as good as the 20mm pancake or PL25. If Olympus doesn't solve the problem, many of them will stay away from Olympus and buy Panasonic. In the end, Olympus will hurt themselves.
    Good thing that Ive chosen to go with Panasonic bodies at the very first place.
    Timothy Soong Photography
    Panasonic GF2, GH2
    Panasonic 14-45mm(f/3.5-5.6), 14mm(f/2.5), 25mm(f/1.4); Olympus 45mm(f/1.8)
    Minolta MD Tele Rokkor-X 135mm(f/2.8)
    Olympus FL-36R
    Velbon Ultrek 43D
    Zkin Babylon

You also use earplugs
    Catch that Light
    -----------------------
    http://boyzo.smugmug.com/

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast