Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Wow! Fuji CSC Leak!

The Reason I don't care about Nikon One Series or NEX CSC. Waiting for something like this:

Fuji mirrorless camera leaked | Photo Rumors

Fuji CSC!

Look at the pic of the camera from top down. Blow it up to get closer look. It has a 1.4 lens mounted on it! Maybe a 35mm 1.4 on an APS-C sensor????????

I'd fall over faint if that is what I'm seeing. If the body was <$2,000 I'd sell my Jeep Wrangler to get it!

If it was full frame, I'd just plain lose my marbles.

Fuji -- I'm waitin' on you! Let's see what you got!
    Last edited by WT21; November 15th, 2011 at 09:58 AM.
    EP3, GX7, P20, O40-150, P100-300
    NEX6 w/MF lenses and RX100

2. The following 3 members thank WT21 for this post:

damn, not exactly small, heh. but I just welcome the move to mirrorless.

Real Name
    Luke

I am also excited to see more, but I don't think you'll be able to call a "C"SC. If it's APS-C or full frame as some expect, it can not be compact....especially if you plan on putting a zoom or tele lens on it.

I'd be more than happy to get a camera with a bigger sensor and less noise at base ISO, even if it is larger. In my case lenses and tripod determine the size and weight of the bag; I couldn't care less if the camera is a little larger. For me the Sony route with the NEX-7 is the way to go, I think this dual optical/electronic viewfinder will die out as soon as EVF's become better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I am also excited to see more, but I don't think you'll be able to call a "C"SC. If it's APS-C or full frame as some expect, it can not be compact....especially if you plan on putting a zoom or tele lens on it.
    I agree, though for me, I don't think I'd put a tele lens on it. Or a zoom. Just a three prime kit.

From the looks of it, Fuji isn't aiming towards M43 or NEX, they're gunning for Leica. Slap a couple native lenses and a Leica mount adapter and you pretty much have an M9 killer.

As a Nikon guy, if they got some special sensor in there, I wouldn't mind if they release a follow up to their F-mount S5...Fuji S6 Pro in a D700 chassis would be sick!
    Jonathan | My Blog
    E-M10 | E-PM2 | VF-4 | VF-1 | P14 | O15 | S60

8. The following member thanks Jonathan F/2 for this post:

If they can deliver the goods on this one with the larger sensor, goodbye M43

Default Fuji pushing the boat

I suspect that like me, many others thought the X100 was very much a "Test the water" camera to see if people liked the styling and hybrid finder as well as the sensor quality and a fixed lens version was cheaper than changable lenses in case of lack of take up.

It appears the majority of people who own the X100 like it and are more than pleased with the quality of image, the main criticism appears to be based around focus but as I am not an X100 owner / user and have never used one, I cannot comment.

If there is any truth in the rumour it could be the water was warm and Fuji have decided to proceed with a CSC albeit APS-C sensor - the images show what appears to be a fairly large bodied camera with what looks like a rangefinder / X100 style viwefinder window and another shots shows what looks like a lever to swop the frame lines in the same way Leica rangefinders do.

It will be interesting to see how this all manifests itself in a production model and it could be a serious contender to current CSC's as well as Leica providing build quality, reliability and optics are all up to scratch and the price is sensible.

As much as I rate and love Leica's including my M8.2, I like many others have experienced issues with reliability and had the long frustrating absence while waiting for Leica Solms to do their bit - I do also feel I am using it on borrowed time and even more so now that Kodak has gone into demise - does Leica have sufficient spare sensors to cope with known / but not admitted issues?

If the right camera at the right price comes along, I may just be tempted to trade my M8.2 in..............I would miss it though as it is a superb piece of build equipment when working efficiently!

Two issues with the X100 as I understand it (not owning one myself) -- focusing and some with sticky aperture blades. Certainly sounds like they're trying to be like Leica, complete with quirky issues :)

Real Name
    Luke

Fuji X100 is to Leica X1 as
    Fuji LX is to Leica M9

Leica will be in more trouble than m4/3

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast