Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Default Any Guess about Canon's EVIL?

Hi Friends
    As we all know , our MFT( Micro four third or My Favourite Tool) changed the digital photography . Initially Canon and Nikon Just ignored the small sensor and small camera body idea but now it seems everyone wanna jump on this bandwagon . Nikon has recently introduced their version of Mirrorless ILC but I don't think It will make any major impression in long run. Now there are many people who are just hoping that Canon will probably introduce something like Sony Nex series with APS-C size sensor . Can anybody guess what Canon is upto?Will this Canon fire to kill or just miss the target?
    Cheers

Bhupinder
    Last edited by Bhupinder2002; November 5th, 2011 at 07:29 AM.

Real Name
    Promit Roy

I guess it's not announced yet.

If Canon can design a mirrorless camera which can directly accept the EF/EF-S mount ... they will make a killing. Dunno if that is possible ... but then I don't much about what is possible about anything.
    "Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
    My Snaps are Here: Unsharp At Any Speed
    Critiquing my images is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

4. The following member thanks GaryAyala for this post:

They have really backed themselves in a corner by stating many many times they don't "need" a mirrorless system.

When they see the sales the Nikon 1 racks up and want in, they will have a helluva time IMHO.
    Comments and criticism welcome! It's how we get better!

White G3:P20/1.7:P45-200:PL45/2.8:P8FE:P12-35/2.8

Pictures here: http://troyandmollyalloverthemap.shutterfly.com/

http://500px.com/TroyGorrell

Quote Originally Posted by ~tc~ View Post
    They have really backed themselves in a corner by stating many many times they don't "need" a mirrorless system.

When they see the sales the Nikon 1 racks up and want in, they will have a helluva time IMHO.
    I agree, unless they do something smart like offer a simple mirror-less with one of their APS-H Size sensors in it and price it less or around a thousand.
    Then i think they would fire a Kill shot.

...will signal the beginning of the end for this once-mighty giant...

www.newcameranews.com The lighter side of capturing light

I don't get this fascination with the Canon name. There are already a number of very good mirrorless systems out, micro 4/3 being the mot complete system. Yet there are SO many people who tell me, "if Canon made that I would buy it immediately!"

Why is that? Does having the Canon name make the product better even BEFORE IT EXISTS!? Canon doesn't even specialize in this type of camera, whereas Olympus has been specializing in high quality compact system cameras for over 50 years! Yet a non-existent Canon is naturally going to be better because it's made by Canon?

Now, I can see somebody who loves BMW motorcycles wanting to try a BMW car because of their good experience with the motorcycles. However, if I loved my Harley Davidson motorcycle does that mean that I would walk all winter because Harley doesn't make a car? I can't buy a Ford truck or a Mazda sports car because it would betray my brand loyalty to Harley Davidson who doesn't make those things? What a ridiculous way of thinking...

If you want an EVIL, then buy an EVIL! Lots of camera manufacturers make them.
    Last edited by Ned; November 4th, 2011 at 08:53 PM.
    Olympus E-P3 PEN | Olympus E-PM2 PEN Mini | Zuiko ED 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 SWD | Zuiko 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 | Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 | Konica Hexanon 50mm f/1.4 | Konica Hexanon 85mm f/1.8 | G.Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 35mm f/3.5 Macro | Zuiko 25mm f/2.8 | KMZ Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5 | E.Zuiko 200mm f/4 | Zuiko 75-150mm f/4 | Olympus EC-14 teleconverter | VF-2 and VF-3 Viewfinders | EMA-1 Mic Adapter | Olympus FL-36R and FL-50R speedlights

cyclopsphoto.ca

9. The following 6 members thank Ned for this post:

Canon is the #1 dSLR seller in the world ... if a Canon user could pick up a compact that would accept their existing system ... nearly every Canon user in the world would probably buy into such a Canon compact system.

G
    "Everywhere you look there are photographs, it is the call of photographers to see and capture them."- Gary Ayala
    My Snaps are Here: Unsharp At Any Speed
    Critiquing my images is welcomed and greatly appreciated.

11. The following member thanks GaryAyala for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    I don't get this fascination with the Canon name. There are already a number of very good mirrorless systems out, micro 4/3 being the mot complete system. Yet there are SO many people who tell me, "if Canon made that I would buy it immediately!"

Why is that? Does having the Canon name make the product better even BEFORE IT EXISTS!? Canon doesn't even specialize in this type of camera, whereas Olympus has been specializing in high quality compact system cameras for over 50 years! Yet a non-existent Canon is naturally going to be better because it's made by Canon?

Now, I can see somebody who loves BMW motorcycles wanting to try a BMW car because of their good experience with the motorcycles. However, if I loved my Harley Davidson motorcycle does that mean that I would walk all winter because Harley doesn't make a car!? What a ridiculous way of thinking...
    Lol ..I agree that some people are so much fascinated with Canon name. But I am not one of them . I have a friend who keeps on boosting his Canon collection but secretly admired my Pen results. He is quite hopeful that Canon will come with some sort of EVIL thing at some stage as he is actually fed with his huge monster camera body.
    Cheers

Canon has just released a DSLR specifically for video. They have also release a professional video camera with four new lenses--the camera is $20K, there two prime lenses are around $7K and the zooms around $45K. And they have announced their new flagship DSLR. I am sure Canon is secure in the professional market.

As well as the mirrorless systems are doing, Canon not offering an EVIL camera will be of little concern. Canon has compact models for those that want a mirrorless camera.

14. The following 2 members thank Hikari for this post:

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast