Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Real Name
    Amin

Default Olympus 45mm f/1.8 Review by Robin Wong

For those who didn't see this discussion thread in our forum, Robin Wong published an excellent review of the new Olympus 45mm f/1.8 lens.

I've been looking high and low for image samples which show off the character of this lens, and Robin's review is a treasure trove of them. Two of Robin's samples are shown below. His review features many more.

Photo by Robin Wong, used with permission

Photo by Robin Wong, used with permission

Link to the review: Robin Wong: Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm F1.8 Review: Petaling Street, KL

Now I really can't wait to get my hands on this lens!

[Thanks, Bill (WT21)]
    Amin
    Mu-43.com Webmaster (Site FAQ | Help Forum | My Disclosures | My Flickriver | My G+ Profile)

You can help pay our server bills when you buy anything online: http://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=55354

2. The following 3 members thank Amin Sabet for this post:

Real Name
    Muttley

Me too! Massive lens lust ...
    OMD EM5, EM1
    12/2 14/2.5 20/1.7 25/1.4 75/1.8 14-150 45-150
    My FlickR!

This will be #2 essential m43 lens after Panny 20mm. I won't be surprised if it will turn out to be the best selling lens in Olympus digital history.

This lens has been on my to-do list since its announcement. Next on the list is finding a hiding spot for it from my wife-to-be.

my HTC Desire sent this

Last edited by Serhan; August 22nd, 2011 at 07:04 AM.

This has really thrown a spanner in the works! I've not been a regular on here for a month or 2 and was on the verge of getting a PL 45mm until I saw all the talk about the Oly!

I've never done Macro before, but like the idea that I could dabble in it when I fancy. I just can't decide whether macro potential is worth twice the price over a faster Oly lens
    Pui

GF-1 & GX-1 - Panasonic 20mm, 45mm, 14-45mm & EVF - Nissin Di466

Quote Originally Posted by m1pui View Post
    This has really thrown a spanner in the works! I've not been a regular on here for a month or 2 and was on the verge of getting a PL 45mm until I saw all the talk about the Oly!

I've never done Macro before, but like the idea that I could dabble in it when I fancy. I just can't decide whether macro potential is worth twice the price over a faster Oly lens
    The PL has always impressed me. Thats the comparison I am waiting to see. A faster lens is certainly cool, and less money is very nice. Somebody, please do he obvious test...

Real Name
    Jason

I'm sure SLRgear or dpreview will do one soon.

I just love that first shot posted. I think this will be a great portrait lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelao View Post
    The PL has always impressed me. Thats the comparison I am waiting to see. A faster lens is certainly cool, and less money is very nice. Somebody, please do he obvious test...
    Yeah, well I'm not sure what the price difference is in the US/Canada, but over here the PL is around £600 and a couple of places are listing the Oly for £250-270 so it's a big jump.
    Pui

GF-1 & GX-1 - Panasonic 20mm, 45mm, 14-45mm & EVF - Nissin Di466

Default In Black

If they make a black one then I'll bag one for my G1...if they don't then I will still have to have one as I think it will take brilliant portraits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast