Question shutter speed/aperture change in GF2?

I just got my camera, I saw a video tutorial of the GF2. When the guy increases or decreases the shutter speed or aperture value, the screen immediately brightens or darkens accordingly to the value changed, while mine doesn't change immediately, I have to shoot a picture to know if its bright or dark enough.. How do I make it change automatically right away? Which settings should I change in the setup?

Thanks in advance

Tim

Real Name
    Fred

On my G2 the screen/viewfinder image changes when the exposure compensation is used in an auto mode A, S or P. If I change the aperture in aperture priority, the shutter speed also changes; same exposure, no change on the screen. Vice versa for shutter priority. In manual mode it never changes. I think this is because if you're to far out you would get either a white or black screen.

You can put a live histogram on the the screen. This can help a lot in determining the correct exposure.

Fred

3. The following member thanks fredlong for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by fredlong View Post
    On my G2 the screen/viewfinder image changes when the exposure compensation is used in an auto mode A, S or P. If I change the aperture in aperture priority, the shutter speed also changes; same exposure, no change on the screen. Vice versa for shutter priority. In manual mode it never changes. I think this is because if you're to far out you would get either a white or black screen.

You can put a live histogram on the the screen. This can help a lot in determining the correct exposure.

Fred
    Got it.. Thanks.. Now I gotta learn how to read the histogram.. ;D

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by D-X69 View Post
    I just got my camera, I saw a video tutorial of the GF2. When the guy increases or decreases the shutter speed or aperture value, the screen immediately brightens or darkens accordingly to the value changed, while mine doesn't change immediately, I have to shoot a picture to know if its bright or dark enough.. How do I make it change automatically right away? Which settings should I change in the setup?

Thanks in advance

Tim
    I think maybe the video is misleading. If you rotate the thumbwheel in say Aperture Priority mode, the aperture changes, however if you press the thumbwheel like a button, it switches to exposure compensation and you can rotate it and the image darkens/brightens. Press the thumbweel again and it goes back to changing the aperture.