Question Panasonic Wish List.....

We all know about the missing link and some of us about "The Missing Linc', but I am looking for the missing lens, a Panasonic m43 with Leica optical quality having a focal length between about 50mm to about 60mm and an aperture of f2 or up to a f/2.8 to support design necessities. Yes, the lens ought to have the latest in O.I.S. or equal with the focusing speed of the now proven 14-140mm f/4 to 5.8. Preferably the lens will have a short minimum focus distance and solid construction.

Anyone know when my dreams might come true?

Regards,
    Tom

Panasonic 45 2.8 is pretty close to what you want.

Real Name
    Amin

I agree, the PL45 is awfully close to your stated specification! It's also one of my favorite lenses.

The missing link for me is a lens of similar focal length but faster than f/2. Don't care if it comes from Pana or Olympus, nor whether it is stabilized or not, so long as it performs well and isn't large!
    Amin
    Mu-43.com Webmaster (Site FAQ | Help Forum | My Disclosures | My Flickriver | My G+ Profile)

You can help pay our server bills when you buy anything online: http://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=55354

The nikon 50mm 1.8 for about $100 might fit your bill. No OIS but is capable of some close focus, good bokeh, low-light capable, very sharp on and cheap to boot.

It focuses down to 0.45 meters or 1.5 feet.

It's 2.6" (65mm) around by 1.7" (43mm) long.

and only weighs 5 oz. or 155g.

of course there is no auto-focus with an adapted lens but if you can live without that it is a very capable lens on the system....
    - Frank

Actually, I'm not all that interested in the subject of photography. Once the picture is in the box, I'm not all that interested in what happens next. Hunters, after all, aren't cooks.
    Henri Cartier-Bresson

What's circulating use in my bag right now...
    Nikon F100 | Nikon D700 | Olympus E-P2

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/41568712@N08/

5. The following member thanks franklyspeaking for this post:

Thanks all. I agree with what you three wrote. I love this lens and I use this regularly. I do wish it was a hair longer focal length and one to one and a half stops brighter. Obviously extra weight comes with the dream, but I would give up the macro feature and accept some weight for the moderate tele.

Regards,
    Tom

7. Default

I'd love a 100mm f/2.8. Optical stablization not required. Macro function a plus.

Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 14mm f/2.5, 20mm f/1.7
    Nikon D300, Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D, 105mm f/2.8 Micro, Quantaray 24mm f/2.8
    Nikon SB-700, SB-600

Real Name
    Luke

a cheap ultrawide. I wouldn't use it a ton (that's why I'd want it ultra-cheap) and am willing to accept lower quality. How about a 6mm?

Hey Luke,

I hear you can get a pretty wide-eyed image cheap shooting through the end of a beer bottle.

Regards,
    Tom

10. The following member thanks Tom Swaman for this post:

Real Name
    Luke

I think you drink the beers and shoot through the lens, but maybe I've been doing it wrong.

Real Name
    Fred

There's the rumored Olympus 50mm/1.8 coming down the pike. Maybe. I guess. No IS on Panasonic bodies :(