Ads by Google

Amazon

B&H Photo

Adorama

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Real Name
    Amin

Default Panasonic Leica 25mm f/1.4 Summilux Announced. Two More Lenses in the Works for 2011

Panasonic today announced the much anticipated Leica 25mm f/1.4 Summilux for Micro 4/3:

Unlike the regular (non-Micro) 4/3 version, the new lens is fairly compact and light (~200 gm).

Availability is expected August 2011, and pricing has not yet been determined.

Additional coverage and links to sample images from this lens: New Panasonic Leica 25mm f1.4 (M43rds) lens - 1001 Noisy Cameras

Meanwhile, Quesabesde (translation) is reporting that Panasonic revealed that there will be two additional lenses announced this fall. At the time that Panasonic first revealed the development of a 25mm f/1.4 lens, they also revealed that a "bright [standard] zoom" and "bright wide angle [prime]" were "under consideration". It therefore seems likely that the upcoming lenses will fall into those categories.

2. The following 2 members thank Amin Sabet for this post:

Well, these images reveal it is a beauty... http://www.photographyblog.com/previ...m_lens_photos/ The format goes from strength to strength
    Last edited by Bokeh Diem; June 13th, 2011 at 01:14 PM.
    Seize the Light!

4. The following member thanks Bokeh Diem for this post:

Real Name
    Richard Elliott

A fast 10mm would be attractive as part of a set with the 14/2.5 and the 20/1.7. .
    Pax,
    Richard
    --------------
    I hate cameras. They are so much more sure than I am about everything. ~John Steinbeck

6. The following member thanks Narnian for this post:

7. Default

I guess panasonic like to keep secrets because two days ago I wrote them and asked if any new lenses were coming out. They said none planned for this year.

What did you expect them to say?
    Comments and criticism welcome! It's how we get better!

White G3:P20/1.7:P45-200:PL45/2.8:P8FE:P12-35/2.8

Pictures here: http://troyandmollyalloverthemap.shutterfly.com/

http://500px.com/TroyGorrell

9. Default

I expect them to tell consumers the truth. I didn't know it was a secret to help customers make informed buying decisions.

Real Name
    Promit Roy

Companies don't give up roadmaps just because random guy X wants to know -- and they certainly don't care about informed buying decisions, unless you've been informed to buy their product. Did you stumble into the modern world yesterday?

11. Default

That's ridiculous. If a customer asks a question like that they could have said, "Yes, but we are not authorized to give details as we do not release to the general public." They should not have said, "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny1.33 View Post
    I expect them to tell consumers the truth. I didn't know it was a secret to help customers make informed buying decisions.
    J1.33 - I really admire your moxie just to call them up and ask - but I'm not surprised that they gave you a boilerplate answer. Don't take it personally, the person you spoke to probably didn't know any better.

People ask me about new upcoming Olympus products all the time, and I just tell them that nobody really knows until Olympus makes an official announcement from Tokyo. Anything up until then is speculation and conjecture.

I agree with Johnny that the answer he was given was not handled well.
    Last edited by Ned; June 13th, 2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Olympus E-3 | Olympus E-PL2 PEN | Olympus E-PM1 PEN | Zuiko ED 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 SWD | Zuiko 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 | Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 | Konica Hexanon 50mm f/1.4 | Konica Hexanon 85mm f/1.8 | G.Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 35mm f/3.5 Macro | Zuiko 25mm f/2.8 | KMZ Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5 | E.Zuiko 200mm f/4 | Zuiko 75-150mm f/4 | Olympus EC-14 teleconverter | VF-2 and VF-3 Viewfinders | EMA-1 Mic Adapter | Olympus FL-36R and FL-50R speedlights

cyclopsphoto.ca

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast