There are a variety of ways to post images in the forum threads. The first decision to make is whether to store your photos here at Mu-43.com (via Gallery or attachments) or store them elsewhere on the web (eg, Flickr, Picasa Web, Zenfolio, Smugmug, your own server, etc).
We recommend that you store them elsewhere (eg, Flickr) for a few reasons:
If your image is already uploaded to the web
- You can get a lot more space that way. For example, Picasa Web offers 1GB of free storage, and images up to 2048 x 2048px don't count towards this limit if you are a Google + user (which is free to join). That is way more than we can offer members.
- We cannot guarantee storage space (images stored here could be lost/deleted)
- Other services like Flickr and Picasa Web will automatically provide resized versions of your image for you to share in our threads. We ask that you keep image display width to 1024px or less so as not to break the page format for others.
(somewhere else like Flickr, Smugmug, Zenfolio, Picasa web albums, your blog, etc) you can use any one of the following methods:
: Click on the
button, which you will see while making a post, and then paste the URL for the picture into the space provided.
You must use the URL for the image itself, not the webpage where you currently have it stored. Usually you can get the URL for the image by right clicking on it and choosing "Copy Image URL" or clicking "Properties" and looking for a URL that starts with "http" and ends with either "jpg" or less commonly "jpeg".
: Use BB Code image tags like this:
can copy the code provided by Flickr (Flickr gives you the option to use either BB Code or HTML - please use BB Code so that our members browsing with Tapatalk can see them) and paste it directly into the post where you want the image to appear. The code provided by Flickr includes a link back to your Flickr page:
Picasa Web users:
Here are the steps for embedding a Picasa Web image on our site:
- On the Picasa Web "My Photos" page, click your album.
- Click the photo you'd like to embed.
- Click Link to this Photo on the right sidebar.
- Set the following preferences:
- Select your preferred image size.
- Optional: Select 'Hide album link' to remove a link to the containing album, which is displayed by default with the image. Select 'Image only (no link)' to get the image URL by itself, with no link back to Picasa Web Albums.
- Copy the HTML (Ctrl-C) in the 'Embed image' field on the right-hand side.
- Paste the HTML (Ctrl-V) in your post here at Mu-43.com.
The Picasa Web interface looks like this:
If you want your images to be hosted here at Mu-43.com, there are two options:
: Upload your image to your mu-43 member gallery and share it from there. Click here
to learn more about our gallery.
Once an image is in your member gallery, all you need do to include it in a post is look underneath the Smilies, and you'll see a place called "My Photos". Click on the link below that which says "Insert", and that will take you to a popup window showing your gallery photos, which you can then select for display as thumbnail or original with or without an embedded link to your gallery.
If for some reason that doesn't work, here's an alternative method: When you view your image in the Gallery, underneath it, there should be something that looks like this:
Linked Image: [url=http://www.mu-43.com/gallery/lumix-14-45/p1255-sea-and-stones.html][img]http://www.mu-43.com/gallery/data/723/P1020807.jpg[/img][/url]
Copy that code and paste it into your post where you want the image to appear.
Note: There is no way to bulk/mass delete images from your gallery. They can only be deleted one by one. For more info about the gallery, click here
: Upload as an attachment. Start by clicking the "Manage attachments" button (visible under "Additional Options" when making a post). If you upload as an attachment, a reduced size (large thumbnail) version will be shown with a link to the intended viewing size. The attachment method is a good option for very large images, but attachment space is very limited, and you will run out of space quickly by using this method to post all your photos. To delete attachments and open up space, click here
. Please note that deleting attachments will remove those images from any threads where they were posted.
Other tips and tricks:
You can use HTML as an alternative to [IMG] tags. The HTML would look like this:
HTML is nice for when you want to resize the image on the fly as in this example:
A variation in which you can choose a link for someone who clicks on your image would look like this:
If you want to show a mouseover (rollover) image, simply use the following code:
<img src="DISPLAYED IMAGE FILE ADDRESS" rsrc="MOUSEOVER IMAGE FILE ADDRESS">