May 5th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by Amin Sabet
Guess I'll go first - I came home yesterday to find my new E-M5 had been delivered by UPS.
- It's smaller and heavier than I expected. The size is perfect for me. I wouldn't have minded lighter, but I'll get used to the heft.
- It's beautiful, although I think my E-P3 was even better looking (E-P3 = best looking camera around for me of any brand)
- The built-in grip on the OM-D is all the grip I need - feels great and the strap lugs don't bother me
- The viewfinder is excellent - no problems using it with glasses. Preferred the slightly bigger viewfinder size of my GH2 but this is more than adequate.
- Overall build quality is excellent with the exceptions of slightly cheap feeling battery door and mushy rear buttons.
- Couple menu defaults are odd - I immediately disabled the warm images and enabled the viewfinder stabilization.
- The image stabilization seems very effective, and the stabilized viewfinder is very cool.
- I shoot with either eye - sometimes right,other times left. Using the left eye, my nose pushes against my right hand but it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't have noticed without people pointing it out in the forums.
- I can hear the fan-like noise, but it doesn't bother me.
- The shutter release sound is muted - wonderful.
Pics to follow. For now, here's an phone cam shot of my two MFT cameras side by side. As you can see, I'm not one for wanting stealthy-looking cameras. I like my cameras eye catching
Also, Viking Professional FTW! (Now I just need a shot of the range...which better be Pro too ;) )