Originally Posted by Linh
... I mean, some we might find useless or overlapping.. but is there anything that seriously is a "do NOT buy this lens!"?
Ahem ... the 14-42mm Oly kit lenses. They are the world's most boring lens and tend to multiply on the shelves of "early adopter" enthusiasts. "Oh, to get it anytime soon, I have to order it with the 14-42mm. Imagine that."
Sometime two years from now Oly will have this amazing new camera that everyone will want and - you guessed it - you'll only be able to get it with the 14-42 R2 IV for the first three months of its existance. Fast as autofocus, but bland image quality. Blah!!!
I've been thinking of a list of inspiring things to with the m. Zuiko 14-42 lens variants:
1) Focus sunlight onto ants on the sidewalk, but just enough to make them uncomfortable.
2) Make a hanging mobile of all the copies I own.
3) A gag-gift to another m43 owner.
4) Put three in a set for the juggler in your house.
5) Improvised bocce balls ...
6) Mount three or four under a ceramic tile as a trivet.
7) Homebrew remake of "The Trouble with Tribbles."
Feel free to add to this list!